The thing was, being new to blogging, I didn’t really understand what the award truly was and what I was supposed to do. In fact, the word “nominated”, to me, means you haven’t won, you are merely in the running. After some due diligent research on the site, asking bloggers, and using the forums and Google, I found that being nominated for one of these wonderful awards means that someone out there who runs a blog believes you have what the award states. It is even my understanding that I could create an award should I choose to do so and nominate someone for it, too.
I finally realized that all the really good information was on the site of the person who nominated me (I was told this in a forum) and that I should just follow those instructions. So, here we are.
The rules for the Beautiful Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link to the person who nominated you for the award
4. Nominate your choice of bloggers
5. Post links to the blogs you nominated
I have done 1-3 now. So, what is left is nominating others for the awards. I decided that, for myself, I would do the following:
1) Only choose up to 3 people
2) Make sure they didn’t already have the award posted.
3) Try to make sure they will accept the award (that’s their choice)
So, if you don’t get chosen by me, then look at the above 3 things. If you still didn’t get chosen, please don’t get upset. It will happen from someone or from another award if you are working with the others and showing them how much you care about them and the world. Above all, just be honest. People love honesty (I do). I have met a lot of wonderful people.
Here’s the 3 I chose this time:
1) truthandcake.com (Rian)
2) susielindau.com (Susie)
3) howtogethappy.wordpress.com (Mollie Player)
Congratulations! I hope you are as happy as I was!