Being bloggers, the majority of us spend a great deal of time online. I have a routine each morning which consists of:
Log on –
1) Check my amazon accounts for sales
2) Check my dating site (just in case)
3) Check my email (usually about 40)
4) Check my Blog site
I do these while eating breakfast at my computer. Now, that really doesn’t look like much, but there is a problem with number 4: my email. My email consists of moving things to different folders, reading them, or deleting them. It all depends on what they are. I usually save blog emails, family emails, friends emails (unless they are mult-sends), and those dealing with money. I get several news feed emails. In these, I look at the links to see if I would enjoy reading any of them. There are usually about 15 links. I, normally read about 6-10 of them.
This morning I went through my usual routine. When I finished, I looked at the clock and realized that I had been online for nearly 3 hours just to do my morning routine! This led to me realizing just how much time a person can spend online and not even know it. I have people who get upset (not sure why they get upset that I do this) that I spend so much time online. I mean, really, does it hurt them? Anyway, I hear people getting upset with children who spend so much time with online games. Being a gamer myself, I understand completely. I logged in last night to play just a bit of “Fallout 3”. I did my little bit and looked up to see that I had been playing for 2 hours! The time just went by and I truly did not know it.
All that has been said to prepare for tonight’s excitement. Here are ten things, with links when possible, of what I learned in the past 48 hours online:
1) Even a teen should not fake that she’s a member of a terrorist organization and call the airlines! http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/218754/dutch-teenager-actually-arrested-for-tweeting-fake-terrorist-threat-to-american-airlines/
2) There is a company that lived and died while I was blissfully unaware of the process. http://www.trippapparel.com/tag/clinckle
3) There are several movies coming out in the next 6 months whose trailers really make you want to watch, but you can’t be certain if they will be any good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VccFcuDclhQ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVt32qoyhi0
4) There are some young ladies that should not be dated (due to their daddy)! http://www.upworthy.com/a-dad-gets-a-standing-ovation-for-what-he-says-to-boys-who-want-to-date-his-daughter-well-played?c=reccon1
5) Airline safety is a laughing matter! http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/129644-attendant-takes-flight-entertainment-new-level-hilarious/
6) Graphene is going to be awesome! http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/04/13/bend-it-charge-it-dunk-it-graphene-the-material-of-tomorrow/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
7) A person changes a lot in 4 minutes – if it covers 14 years. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/beautiful-timelapse-shows-dutch-girl-grow-baby-teenager-article-1.1755689
8) Denzel Washington was almost known as a racist. http://www.upworthy.com/denzel-once-turned-down-a-movie-role-so-racist-he-thinks-it-could-have-changed-his-career?c=reccon1
9) Ellen D. had a strange guest on her show to illustrate photoshop. http://www.upworthy.com/you-know-those-models-with-unrealistic-bodies-ellen-had-one-on-her-show-yep-totally-impossible
10) Yes, I laughed too. Now, so many years later, I learn more of the truth about the McDonald’s coffee lawsuit. http://www.upworthy.com/ever-hear-about-the-lady-that-spilled-coffee-on-herself-at-mcdonalds-then-sued-for-millions?c=reccon1
This is, of course, only a small amount of what I covered, but it should show why I lost 2.5 hours in the mix.
How about you? Can you get lost on the net? What do you learn about? Is it a waste?