- About Me (The Cool Stuff)
- An Important Statement
- Carolyn – “Keeping Watch” An Apocalyptic Thriller in Parts
- Copyright Info
- Some Interesting Places to Go – Last Edited: 11/14/2013
- Some of My Stuff
- Some of My Stuff – Page Two
- Very Intriguing Posts I have Found – last edited 6/22/2015
- Weekly Wins
Hugsiey Tumbles – Kindredspirit23’s -Unofficial- Mascot
Top Posts & Pages
10 of the Blogs I follow
Transfixed: Keeping Watch and Ten Other Tales of Terror – My First Book!
Book: Talking to Alexa and Being Heard!
Five Sentence Fiction
My First Publication in an Anthology!
My 2nd Publication in an Anthology
My 3rd Publication in an Anthology
My 4th Publication in an Anthology
The Beautiful Blogger Award
The Versatile Blogger Award
Ask Me Anything Award
One Lovely Blog Award
Blogger of the Year 2012
Super Sweet Award
Reality Blog Award
Shine on Award
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Wordpress Family Award
Dragon Loyalty Award
- 38,764 hits
FollowingI have, hopefully, disengaged the "follow comments" option. This is, purely, to keep you from being spammed because you did not press a button to stop it. If you aren't following and wish to, simply click the "follow" at the top of the screen on the left side. Scott
Tag Archives: news
It takes a lot to worry me anymore. The stroke miraculously removed the ability for me to excessively worry. That’s been good. Now, I have been “concerned” with this mess between US and Russia. I don’t even fully understand it. However, it has begun to worry me as a FB article says that our attack on a Syrian air force base is one step from clashing with Russia, even though we warned Russia and all of their troops were removed from the affected area. This animated article shows me what even my stroke-enhanced brain could not ignore.
Namaste, (Always remember God is with us)
I have to admit that I got a bit frightened today (truth be told, I still am, just a little). “Why” do you ask? I spend a decent portion of my morning looking at various news clips on the Net. Tonight, I watched TV (Fox News) with my Dad for over an hour. I did not sleep well last night, so I am just, shall we say, a bit frazzled and worse for wear. Still, here is some of the news over the past few days:
1) Two trains collided in another country.
2) Miss (one of the States) had her crown removed because, even though she was honest, they say “now” that she will be too old at the end of the year.
3) Parts of the government want impeachment proceedings to begin against Obama.
4) Two students had made plans for a massive school shooting.
5) Thousands of immigrants from Mexico are flooding into the US – we aren’t sure what to do with them.
6) A man is going to be tried for killing his own child (baby) by leaving him in a sweltering hot car for seven hours.
7) Miley Cyrus is, apparently, losing her appeal to today’s crowd.
8) The fight is still going on hard even after the Hobby Lobby decision on birth control coverage.
9) Severe Storms are all over.
10) A man was attacked by a shark.
11) Truckers are “rolling coal” in protest.
12) The war-like problems in both Russia and Iraq.
These are just the ones I could recall in about 10 minutes without going back and looking. I know there are many more. I also know bad news sells more than good news. However, the deal is it began to seem to me we are losing control all over the globe. The world of man seems to be falling apart and we seem to be helping it along.
Then I began to think. I began to ask the question of where to center my trust. This is not a plea to anyone to alter their beliefs; I simply want to tell how I deal with it all. For the most part, I am very calm and fairly rational. I don’t tend to worry a lot, especially since my stroke. But I did tonight; I lost my focus on trust.
I do believe in God. I don’t really see God in the same way that organized religions do. For one thing, I don’t see God as judgmental. I also don’t see man as particularly sinful – I really don’t believe in sin. What I do believe in, though, is a God in whom I can place all my trust. Truly, I believe God has the world “in His hands.” He watches over us and protects us; He listens to our prayers. I see Him as a Friend, as a Guide, and as a Center of Trust.
I forgot that tonight. Call it tired or whatever. I simply let my guard down and slipped a bit. It’s back up now. I remember all the times I have prayed and the best happened. I remember all the times that it all “worked out” in the end. I remembered the little beautiful things that truly make life on this old planet worth it. Let’s try:
1) A rainbow
2) A cat purring
3) The taste of a fresh piece of fruit
4) The feeling of a first kiss
5) Finishing a task that was worthwhile
6) Holding hands
7) Clean sheets
8) The smell of toast
9) The lifting of depression
10) A smile
11) A beautiful scene in a movie
12) The smell of the forest after a rain
Try to think of those things and be depressed or sad or distrusting. It is really hard – I am not sure it can even be truthfully done.
What are the things you can think of that lift your spirits?
Being bloggers, the majority of us spend a great deal of time online. I have a routine each morning which consists of:
Log on –
1) Check my amazon accounts for sales
2) Check my dating site (just in case)
3) Check my email (usually about 40)
4) Check my Blog site
I do these while eating breakfast at my computer. Now, that really doesn’t look like much, but there is a problem with number 4: my email. My email consists of moving things to different folders, reading them, or deleting them. It all depends on what they are. I usually save blog emails, family emails, friends emails (unless they are mult-sends), and those dealing with money. I get several news feed emails. In these, I look at the links to see if I would enjoy reading any of them. There are usually about 15 links. I, normally read about 6-10 of them.
This morning I went through my usual routine. When I finished, I looked at the clock and realized that I had been online for nearly 3 hours just to do my morning routine! This led to me realizing just how much time a person can spend online and not even know it. I have people who get upset (not sure why they get upset that I do this) that I spend so much time online. I mean, really, does it hurt them? Anyway, I hear people getting upset with children who spend so much time with online games. Being a gamer myself, I understand completely. I logged in last night to play just a bit of “Fallout 3”. I did my little bit and looked up to see that I had been playing for 2 hours! The time just went by and I truly did not know it.
All that has been said to prepare for tonight’s excitement. Here are ten things, with links when possible, of what I learned in the past 48 hours online:
1) Even a teen should not fake that she’s a member of a terrorist organization and call the airlines! http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/218754/dutch-teenager-actually-arrested-for-tweeting-fake-terrorist-threat-to-american-airlines/
2) There is a company that lived and died while I was blissfully unaware of the process. http://www.trippapparel.com/tag/clinckle
3) There are several movies coming out in the next 6 months whose trailers really make you want to watch, but you can’t be certain if they will be any good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VccFcuDclhQ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVt32qoyhi0
4) There are some young ladies that should not be dated (due to their daddy)! http://www.upworthy.com/a-dad-gets-a-standing-ovation-for-what-he-says-to-boys-who-want-to-date-his-daughter-well-played?c=reccon1
5) Airline safety is a laughing matter! http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/129644-attendant-takes-flight-entertainment-new-level-hilarious/
6) Graphene is going to be awesome! http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/04/13/bend-it-charge-it-dunk-it-graphene-the-material-of-tomorrow/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
7) A person changes a lot in 4 minutes – if it covers 14 years. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/beautiful-timelapse-shows-dutch-girl-grow-baby-teenager-article-1.1755689
8) Denzel Washington was almost known as a racist. http://www.upworthy.com/denzel-once-turned-down-a-movie-role-so-racist-he-thinks-it-could-have-changed-his-career?c=reccon1
9) Ellen D. had a strange guest on her show to illustrate photoshop. http://www.upworthy.com/you-know-those-models-with-unrealistic-bodies-ellen-had-one-on-her-show-yep-totally-impossible
10) Yes, I laughed too. Now, so many years later, I learn more of the truth about the McDonald’s coffee lawsuit. http://www.upworthy.com/ever-hear-about-the-lady-that-spilled-coffee-on-herself-at-mcdonalds-then-sued-for-millions?c=reccon1
This is, of course, only a small amount of what I covered, but it should show why I lost 2.5 hours in the mix.
How about you? Can you get lost on the net? What do you learn about? Is it a waste?
If you haven’t had time for the news lately, I will help you condense it all! Here are 25 news items I have read recently. At one phrase per item, you can catch up quickly!
News Clips that are taking the world by storm…
1) Woman sues Capt Crunch – says crunch berries not real!
2) Blind Golden Retriever – Ray Charles – has FB page and 19,000 friends!
3) Python Massage big hit!
4) Snail Facial works well?
5) Man messes up Disney proposal
6) Two guys and a shark share small boat
7) Sushi Bar goes adults only
8) Woman finds out BF cheating – puts his stuff in various locations
9) Female goes inside to get out of storm – hit by lightning anyway
10) English Kate shows baby bump
11) Miley poses nude for charity
12) Man swims Detroit river drunk – may get up to $25,000 fine
13) OJ makes parting statement in court case – may get in trouble again
14) Couple pulls $1million lottery scratch off from trash
15) Child covers sibling in diaper cream to keep out sun
16) Moose stuck in swing set – Ranger frees him
17) Global warming debate heats up
18) Justin Bieber pees in bucket
19) Huge mosquitoes infest Florida
20) Sharon Stone stuns at 55 in bikini
21) Bees bungle plane departure
22) Woman sleeps on man’s lap in plane for hours
23) Psychic has man wanting refund for $212,000 arrested
24) Thief caught – stuck in chimney
25) Dead woman wakes up as surgeons prepare to take “donated” organs
I thought it would be interesting to see what is in our news lately and what I read.
The second would have to be more interesting for you; I know what I read. Anyway, I read a lot of news and the weird things often stick with me. Here is a list of what I have read / learned very recently:
1) A study shows that people who drink moderately are happier than people who do not drink.
2) There is less pornography on the Internet than was thought.
3) Zimmerman is putting up a good defense about killing the young man.
4) Green Tea may help cure Alzheimer.
5) Paula Deen’s first-born son has a birthday this week.
6) Paula Hernandez does news commenting on E News.
7) NFL player does 25 mph on a treadmill.
8) Andy Mohr cars sit on 40 acres.
9) Serena loses at Wimbledon.
10) Jessica Alba, 32, can still make the news by baring her midriff.
11) Hot Air balloon deflated on highway.
12) A skydiving cameraman caught another’s shoe in midair during jump.
13) Mariah Carey’s outfit pops 2 buttons in back during performance.
14) Christy Brinkley’s daughter is becoming a model.
15) A WWII mine is detonated in NJ waters.
16) US woman golfer fires caddy mid-tournament and hires boyfriend.
17) Two-headed turtle born in Texas zoo.
18) Gay marriage bans battled down.
19) The Zip Code turns 50.
20) Drones are being used a lot in US arsenal against some other nations.
21) “Dr. Who” seems to outdo both “Star Trek” and “Star Wars”.
22) Paula Deen’s cooking empire burning up.
23) Eating nuts helps to relax you.
24) Joey Fallon hit himself in the face with a car door hard enough to have to show it on air.
25) Jay Leno leaving “Tonight Show” in six months.
26) Obama is in Africa.
27) Lesbian couple marries across street from Westboro Baptist Church.
28) Snowden keeps leaking US information.
29) Texas Congress woman successfully filibusters for nearly 12 hours straight.
30) Mosquitoes in Florida – one species is 20 times larger than normal mosquitoes.
31) Many female mummies found in ancient tomb – thought to be sacrifices.
32) Woman drinks cola for 16 years – no water – health bad!
33) Two men were arrested for building an X-Ray gun to use on Obama.
34) Windows has created Windows 8.1 and it seems stable.
35) *Firefox and Adobe Flash don’t work well together, so I had to stop this post!