I will try to do this on Sunday’s post from now on, but tonight will work, I am certain. When Sunday’s post comes out I would like to put up a scenario. It will be open-ended and I would like all of you who are interested to take a hand in finishing it. Here are the rules:
1) Read the scenario and finish it in 200 words or less.
2) Send it to email@example.com and put in the subject line: Story of the week
3) I will read through them and choose the top 3 choices, in my humble opinion, based on clarity, originality, and appropriateness.
4) Please keep the rating down to a PG13 or less.
5) I will post next Sunday, the top 3 and let you vote on who you like best (and make comments, of course, up until, say Friday. Then, I will announce the winner by placing it on a separate posting page in my Blog entitled “Weekly Wins”. I will link back to you, of course, and give you proper accolades.
My big job then, this week is to figure out how to put a voting box into the post with selections for the 3 story choices. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The weekly winners of the Kindredspirit23 Blog Scenario:
1) Week One – Scenario – Ended 7/22/2012
Joe walked into the dimly lit restaurant, tossing his cigarette into the ash bin by the door. He was a little apprehensive about the meeting, but didn’t know quite where the feeling came from. He allowed the sun’s glare to dissipate. Then, he focused on the tables. Near the back, he spied Lisa, a tall brunette, sitting at a booth, drink in hand. As he stepped in the direction of the table, his apprehension became nearly tangible. There, next to Lisa was Sarah…
Winner: Linda Stapleton