Last week, my sister and I took some time and went on a small vacation to the top of our state. We visited the city of Fort Wayne. Never heard of it? Well, it’s not the largest city in the state. In fact, it has a population of a little over 250 thousand and is the county seat (Allen County). It lies near the Ohio/Michigan corner of Indiana. It is the 76th largest city in the US and second only to Indianapolis in the state of Indiana. If you want more, here’s the link > HERE <
While we were there, we visited:
1) The Fort Wayne Zoo
2) The Botanical Conservatory
3) The final day’s fireworks of the Three Rivers Festival (Sat in #2)
4) Listened to about 4 hours to two great outdoor live bands (Also in #2)
5) Visited a Sunken park
6) Drove through a second park
7) Ate out at several places (difficult because I am now vegan)
8) Went shopping a bit and met a wonderful person to talk to
9) Had a pleasant drive up and back with my Sister.
We haven’t taken a trip together since high school. I think we did quite well (no bloodshed, no bruises).
I walked more than I have in a long time. Still, we had to rent a wheelchair and Sis pushed me around most of the zoo. At other places, I had her go on ahead and enjoy the view and take some pics while I rested. I made great use of my telephoto lens to sit and still get far pics. All in all, I think we both had fun, got away for a bit, and saw some new things.
I will take a moment here to recommend “Extended Stay America” suites for comfortable rooms with great service for a decent price.
Below are the best of the pics I took during the trip. Enjoy! What are you doing this summer? What have you already done?