I just finished reading “11 Signs You Should Call It Quits with the Guy You are Dating” by Bad Chi. Click the title to read the post. It’s good. It’s funny and informative, and really true. It got me thinking that, perhaps, I should write one about women. Guys, whether you are dating someone or thinking about it, doesn’t matter, you have some basic guidelines you should follow. I am talking here about dating with the intention to go long-term. This is not an article for the “get in her pants” group. You guys, you will get what you deserve. You just don’t know it yet.
1) She really really cares about your motorcycle and/or sports car. Now, I know that many of you guys have these items specifically to get this woman. But, think about this, dating her for any good length of time, is going be based ON THIS, NOT ON YOU. Unless you are really shallow (then you deserve her), go somewhere else.
2) She asks what you do for a living or how much money you make within the first 15 minutes. Again, this means she is really really concerned about wealth, not necessarily you.
3) She knocks down more than 3 drinks at your first date. ’nuff said.
4) She brings up church, religion, and/or the Bible more than 5 times in the first hour you talk. Really? It’s fine to be religious, but a zealot like this is going to be difficult to live up to. It goes the same if she tries to save your soul in the first hour or so.
5) Her pictures online show her with many animals in the pictures (or she continually talks about what an animal lover she is). Now, nothing wrong with pets. You may even like a lot of them, too. Just remember that if this is basically all she shows or talks about, your future may be mostly about dealing with animals, not dating her.
6) When asked about her desires or goals she talks about world peace. Umm, yeah. not going there…
7) She wants to jump in the sack right away and doesn’t seem to worry about protection. Again, I know this seems to go contrary to what most guys seem to want, but think about this: if she is that quick to make it and doesn’t care about protection – you are sleeping with every guy she has…
8) She talks about your future life together after marriage – on the first couple of dates – RUN! – that is all.
9) She discusses her 4 or more marriages with you – There might be a good reason and you may still end up dating her, but really watch this one – she could be just a person who likes to try on a marriage or one who lives on the settlements of a good divorce.
10) She seems absolutely perfect, absolutely. Nope, dig deep, or run. No one is that perfect. Yeah, I suppose it happens, but be smart and don’t wait for the “I do” to find out you really shouldn’t because she isn’t.
That’s my initial take on it guys. Ladies, you can read “Only Bad Chi’s” article and/or you can switch a little of what I said above to make it fit your needs. Guys who exhibit the above traits probably aren’t so hot either.